Author: Patrick Durkin
The new ATA ePRO software is winning praise from archery retailers across the country as it helps them run their pro shops more efficiently and profitably while folding into their operations at whatever level and pace they choose.
ATA ePRO, which stands for “electronic Proshop Retail Organizer,” is also known as “archery shop in a box.” It’s easy to install, easy to learn, and easy to merge with your store’s current business software. It boosts profits by helping you and your staff work more efficiently in sales, service and inventory planning. That’s because it’s designed specifically for archery retailers by an archery retailer.
“ATA ePRO works great for finding deals, ordering and keeping our inventory up to date,” said Nicole Tindale, manager of Flaming Arrow in Kalispell, Montana. “I can track each vendor’s specials by just clicking on their tab to see what they’re offering. It’s a cool, quick-access feature.”
ATA ePRO’s user-friendly point-of-sales system automatically updates your store’s inventory lists. It can be programmed to order new products automatically when they reach specific levels.
Randy Phillips, owner of Archery Headquarters and Arizona Rim Country Products in Chandler, Arizona, created ATA ePRO. Phillips originally developed the software to help manage his store, pro shop and shooting ranges. He named it OrgMyRange LLC (orgmyproshop.com), and started selling the software from his booth at the 2016 ATA Trade Show.
The program soon caught the ATA Board of Directors’ attention, and the Board asked Phillips to tell them more about it. After studying the product further, Board members voted to make ATA ePRO the core business software for the ATA’s Retail Growth Initiative.
The ATA bought exclusive rights to ATA ePRO so it could offer the software through its member services programs for retailers. “The Board considers ATA ePRO a benefit for our members,” said Jay McAninch, ATA’s CEO/president. “That’s why the Board is subsidizing the cost of ATA ePRO to member retailers. They recognize the challenging years we’ve had recently in the industry, and they want to help retailers operate more efficiently and cost-effectively. This should be a shot in the arm for the industry.”
The ATA controls all aspects of ATA ePRO, and OrgMyRange LLC is its service provider. Because Phillips sits on the ATA Board as a member-retailer, he did not participate in Board discussions or decisions to acquire ATA ePRO.
The ATA is confident its member-retailers will recognize the software as a business solution.
“We use ATA ePRO’s ‘Bow Desk’ program to keep track of our layaways and work orders. It’s really helpful,” said Tyler Bruyett, who works at Pelkey’s Archery in St. Albans, Vermont. “We used to have a drawer stuffed with all that paperwork, and things would get lost. ATA ePRO helps us stay organized.”
Based on early reviews and responses, archery retailers who install ATA ePRO’s full suite of tasks improve their store’s efficiencies by 20 to 25 percent, which means a 20 to 25 percent reduction in personnel costs. Most retailers start by using the one or two aspects of ATA ePRO they most need, and then learn other facets of its powerful package to further improve their profits, customer loyalty and overall performance.
Rick Maxson, store manager at Bucks & Bows Archery in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, uses the software to make better business decisions: “ATA ePRO can generate specific reports so I can see what’s selling more, what’s selling less, how much clothing we sold, its total price, how much we’ve collected in sales tax, and how much clothing we sold in September vs. November,” Maxson said. “You name it, I can show you the specifics and the trends because of ATA ePRO. It gives us great reports.”
ATA ePRO includes a work-order system for managing your customers’ repairs, service requests, special orders, warranty work and other shop activity. It automatically updates customers on the status of repair work and equipment orders with instant text messaging and/or emails as the work progresses.
ATA ePRO includes:
- A user-friendly point-of-sales system that automatically updates your store’s inventory lists. It can be programmed to order new products automatically when they reach specific levels.
- A range-management system that takes online reservations for archers, and tracks how long they use the range. In other words, it keeps you off the phone and at your work bench or computer.
- A work-order system that manages your customers’ repairs, service requests, special orders, warranty work and other shop activity.
- A customer database that helps you easily track sales, individual equipment preferences, and your customers’ buying history.
- Customized software tools you choose to improve your shop’s performance.
- In-depth insights into your customers’ equipment history, product preferences and buying habits. That knowledge helps you launch individual marketing and loyalty programs geared toward each customer.
- Loyalty programs that are custom-designed for your shop and tailored to your clientele.
- Automatic tracking of your customers’ birthdays and special occasions, which helps promote specials on equipment and products.
- Automatic updates of your customers’ repair work and equipment orders, and instant text messaging and/or emails as the work progresses.
- Quick, easy distribution of messages to your customers via email, including marketing materials, newsletters and other campaigns to reinforce shop awareness and value.
- A complete set of high-tech tools that help you boost revenues and profitability. You’ll spend less time with paperwork and more time increasing sales and boosting profits.
- Software that instantly tracks returns and warranty items to ensure quick turnarounds and customer notifications.
- Software that manages work orders and repairs through the entire process.
- A constantly updating customer-information system that tracks each client’s sales history, equipment preferences and buying frequencies, which integrates easily into your marketing and loyalty programs.
All data collected within ATA ePRO is secure and safely stored in the cloud. Further, the only person with access to a retailer’s data is the retailer himself/herself, and OrgMyRange LLC, which operates under a strict confidentiality agreement.
The ATA has no access to specific retailer data. It offers the program strictly as a benefit to help make ATA members more productive and profitable in today’s increasingly competitive marketplace.
ATA ePRO provides in-depth insights into your customers’ equipment history, product preferences and buying habits. That knowledge helps you launch individual marketing and loyalty programs geared toward each customer.
In other words, ATA ePRO gives you more time to do what you do best: help your store reach its potential. Just ask Dan Ellyson, owner of A1 Archery in Hudson, Wisconsin: “ATA ePRO is the only system that does everything for you. It creates work orders for customers’ bows, new-bow purchase orders, and work orders for new arrows. It also handles inventory control, and captures customer information in ways that help us communicate with them through text messaging. It can also generate just about any report you would want to run your business.”
Watch this site for more updates on ATA ePRO, which includes testimonials from dealers like yourself nationwide. Read how ATA ePRO is helping ATA-member retailers make their stores, ranges and work bench more profitable by clicking here.