The ATA Trade Show, archery and bowhunting’s largest and most-inclusive Show, takes place Jan. 11-13 in Indianapolis. The members-only Show gives industry professionals a first look at 2018’s new products. It’s a must-see event for press and media hoping to grow their following, and promote archery and bowhunting.
Do you plan to cover the Show as a journalist? Don’t miss out! Press registration opens Sept. 25. To show our appreciation for your Show coverage, we’re opening press registration one month earlier than previous years. This gives you more time to register, book travel, and take advantage of ATA hotel deals.
Press cannot register on-site, and must register by Dec. 22, 2017, at 5 p.m. CST. All press-badge applications are verified and approved by ATA staff. Find out if you’re eligible for a press badge, and prepare to register in seven easy steps:
1. Media or Press: Which one is right for me?
Do you plan to cover the Show as a journalist? Don’t miss out! Press registration opens Sept. 25. Photo Credit: Shane Indrebo.
Decide whether to attend the Show as registered press or a media member:
- Media are members, press are not. Media members are legal entities whose primary purpose is producing print and broadcast media, blogs, films, DVDs, etc. Press are not members, and simply cover the Show as a journalist.
- Media members pay annual dues. In return for the $250 rate, they receive ATA-member benefits, including access to members-only support and events, a listing in the Show Guide and Membership Directory, ongoing access to industry research and demographics, and more.
- Media members can solicit exhibitors, press cannot. Media must register for a media sales badge, and can sell ad space, and solicit sponsorships and partnerships at the Show. Press cannot. (Press who solicit exhibitors will be banned from the 2018 ATA Trade Show.)
- Media members may request additional press badges. Media members who wish to send press representation for the sole purpose of covering the Show – and not to garner sponsorships and partnerships – may register for additional press badges. Review the guidelines and prices below.
So, if you’re interested in selling ads, or gaining sponsorships and partnerships, apply for a media membership and register for a media sales badge. If not, then register as press.
2. Review the ATA’s press guidelines to determine your eligibility.
Click here to review press guidelines and verification procedures before registering.
Please note: Anyone registering for a press badge must cover the ATA Trade Show as a journalist for film, print, radio or digital media. Registered press cannot solicit exhibitors. Attendees who wear a press badge and solicit exhibitors will be removed and banned from the 2018 ATA Trade Show.
3. Review badge costs.
Non-member, verified press attendees will be charged $150. ATA media members will be charged $100 per badge if their representatives attend as press.
Who is exempt from the press-badge fee? Exhibiting media members and active members of these groups will have the press-badge fee waived upon the application’s approval:
- Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers – Voting members.
- Hoosier Outdoor Writers – Active members.
- Outdoor Writers Association of America – Individual active members.
- Professional Outdoor Media Association – Voting media members.
- Southeastern Outdoor Press Association – Individual active members.
- Tennessee Outdoor Writers Association – Active members.
4. Provide valid press documentation.
Individuals who attended the Show as verified press the past three years will receive a notification and registration link by email on Sept. 25. Or visit the ATA’s press page and click the link at the top of the page to request a badge and submit your documentation. Photo Credit: Shane Indrebo.
You must provide valid press documentation when registering. View the accepted documentation list here, and make sure you have everything needed when registration opens Sept. 25.
5. Set a calendar notification and request a press badge Sept. 25.
Individuals who attended the Show as verified press the past three years will receive a notification and registration link by email on Sept. 25. Or visit the ATA’s press page and click the link at the top of the page to request a badge and submit your documentation.
Note: All press-badge applications must be verified and approved by ATA staff. The ATA reserves the right to reject applications that do not meet its press-registration criteria.
6. Ensure your application is verified and approved.
Allow seven business days for your badge request to be verified and approved. Once approved, you’ll receive a confirmation and express pass through the email address you provided. This confirmation includes a hotel access code for reserving rooms in the ATA hotel block.
7. What are my benefits?
Registered press gain access to the Show’s press room, which is equipped with copiers, printers, scanners and more to make covering the Show a breeze. Use the space to hold meetings, catch up on email, or spend quiet time writing, editing videos and publishing the day’s coverage. Photo Credit: Shannon Rikard.
Registered press gain access to the Show’s press room, which is equipped with copiers, printers, scanners and more to make covering the Show a breeze. Use the space to hold meetings, catch up on email, or spend quiet time writing, editing videos and publishing the day’s coverage. Media members who want to use the press room must register their attendees for additional press badges.
We hope to see you in Indianapolis in January!