Does your company set up a booth and exhibit at the ATA Trade Show? If so, you’ll need to learn the Show’s preference-point system and how it works.
Preference points help the ATA rank exhibiting companies based on their historical involvement in the Show. The more preference points companies earn, the more “power” they accrue for selecting their booth’s location on the Show floor.
Preference points determine the order in which exhibitors select booths for the ATA Trade Show. Preference points also determine the order in which exhibitors participate in Show-related programs, such as sponsorships.
The ATA award or deduct points in five ways. Companies earn points by being an ATA member, buying booth space, buying shooting lanes, and sponsoring Show programs. Companies lose points by not exhibiting. View the point system below to learn how points are totaled.
1. Membership Points: Exhibitors earn 5 points for each year they’re an ATA member.
2. Booth Space Points: Exhibitors earn 3 points for each 100-square-foot section of booth space purchased. Innovation Zone exhibitors earn 2 points for each IZ space purchased.
3. Shooting Lane Points: Exhibitors earn 1 point for each shooting lane purchased.
4. Sponsorship Points: Exhibitors earn 0.5 points for each $1,000 spent on sponsorships, with a minimum sponsorship of $2,000. Sponsorships include, but aren’t limited to:
5. Point Deductions: If a company does not exhibit one year, it loses 50 percent of its points. If the company misses two consecutive shows, it loses 100 percent of its points.
All points are cumulative and retained by a company provided it exhibited at consecutive shows. Becky Lux, ATA’s senior Trade Show manager, manages preference points for the booth-selection process.
Booth selection for the 2019 ATA Trade Show begins in April. View the selection-process timeline here. All booth selections are made by phone with an ATA representative. Companies with 7 or more preference points are scheduled for a call with a specific date and time. An ATA representative then calls to help the company select and reserve booth space. Companies new to the Show can select a booth after all companies with preference points make their selections.
The 2019 ATA Trade Show will run from Thursday, Jan. 10, to Saturday, Jan. 12, at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Please note: Preference points belong to the company, not an individual. Preference points can be transferred only when a company buys the assets of, or merges with, another company. When that occurs, exhibitors must notify Becky Lux at (507) 233-8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the points are transferred.
Questions? Contact Becky Lux toll-free at (866) 266-2776, ext. 102, or email@example.com.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP THE INDUSTRY, TO HELP INDIVIDUAL BUSINESSES GET THE MOST OUT OF THE INDUSTRY, AND TO HELP YOU.