Picture this: You’re waiting eagerly in your booth at the 2019 ATA Trade Show in Louisville. It’s the first morning of the Show’s Jan. 10 to 12 run.
You can’t wait for attendees to walk by so you can hit them with your best pitch. But then you hear a commotion across the aisle. A crowd is swamping your competitor’s booth. You hear laughter and loud talk. You wonder, “What’s happening over there?” You’re even tempted to sneak away for a quick look.
Ok. Now, instead of envisioning yourself as a spectator, consider being the event. Turn that dream into reality by hosting a booth event to pull traffic to your booth. Further, get the ATA to promote your event. It’s free! Simply organize a booth event and submit your plans online by Nov. 29.
MLB star, Chipper Jones, gets into the spirit. Photo credit: ATA
Booth events can be a celebrity appearance, autograph signing, product demonstration, new-product launches, or almost anything else you imagine! The key is to tailor the event to your audience. It’s something attendees want to see or take part in. Get creative and plan a unique, interesting event.
Spark your creativity with these fun ideas.
- Do you have a comedic friend? Ask them to do a stand-up act with jokes about the archery industry.
- Perhaps your forte is cooking game meat. Host a cooking segment and share samples with the crowd.
- Play a game that involves your audience. Trivia? Bingo? Charades? Incorporate aspects of your business, such as facts or product names that promote your brand.
Booth events attract attendees, foster connections and increase brand awareness. People flock to booth events to participate in something cool. It’s an opportunity to discuss your business and products, meet potential customers, and strengthen longtime connections.
Submit your event to make it official! Photo Credit: Exhibition Service Center
You’re sold, right?! To take full advantage, submit details of your booth events to the ATA by Nov. 29 so they’re listed in the ATA’s 2019 mobile app and official Show Guide. It’s free! Events submitted after Nov. 29 deadline will be listed only in the mobile app.
Once you’ve created a stellar booth event, submit the details to the ATA by logging into the Exhibitor Service Center with your exhibitor password. Then, click “Submit a Booth Event,” and fill out the form.
- Please submit one form per booth event.
- Booth drawings and giveaways, and general promotions that last the entire Show do not qualify as a booth events, and will not be published. Booth drawings and giveaways can be promoted in the Show’s Big Buck Tag Coupon Book.
- On-site booth event submissions can be dropped off at the main registration desk.
Questions? Need assistance? Contact Becky Lux, ATA’s senior Trade Show manager, at (507) 233-8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for more ways to shine at the 2019 Show? Read these articles:
WE ARE HERE TO HELP THE INDUSTRY, TO HELP INDIVIDUAL BUSINESSES GET THE MOST OUT OF THE INDUSTRY, AND TO HELP YOU.