Peterson said pretty much everything about Gear Head bows is new and different.
“If this bow was a ‘me too’ product instead of something unique that Gear Head is really proud of, we wouldn’t be here at the ATA Trade Show,” Peterson said. “Here, we have a captive audience that’s looking for the best archery products, and the response has been exciting.”
According to Peterson, Gear Head bows are unique because:
– they are extremely small. One model measures 18.5 inches axle to axle; one measures 20.5 inches; and one measures 24.5 inches.
– speeds range from 325 feet per second to 355 feet per second.
– they convert from a right-hand grip to a left-hand grip just by removing six fasteners.
– every model comes with a backpack, making it perfect for walking 5 to 10 miles during a bowhunt.
– they are made from top-quality materials. One model is titanium, some are carbon fiber, and the regular models are 7075 hard-coat anodized aluminum.
– users can add the same rests, sights and accessories to these small bows as they can to full-size bows.
“When I lived in Buffalo, Wyoming, I would pack in 5 or more miles to bowhunt, and I got tired of carrying a heavy bow,” Peterson said. “My partners and I thought it would be nice to have a bow we could easily carry in a backpack. We created the bow we wanted to shoot, and we know customers will love it,” Peterson said.