Contact Wendy Lang, Senior Manager of Membership
Press Registration for #ATA2022 will open Sept. 21, 2021.
Who qualifies as press?
Anyone registering for a press badge must cover the ATA Trade Show as a journalist for film, print, radio, or digital media. Press attendees aren’t ATA members. They attend as journalists to cover Show happenings. Press cannot solicit exhibitors.
Any media member, or anyone with a media group who sells ad space or solicits sponsorships/partnerships at the ATA Trade Show, must apply for membership as a media member.
Industry and brand ambassador or hunting personalities who have verified business relationships with more than one of our exhibiting companies may qualify for an Industry Ambassador badge. Anyone interested in an Industry Ambassador badge should contact Wendy Lang, ATA’s senior manager of membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the Press Guidelines provided in the sections below before registering.
Contact Wendy Lang, Senior Manager of Membership
If you wish to attend the Show to provide event coverage through film, print, radio or digital media, you’re considered press. Press attendees aren’t ATA members. They attend as journalists to cover Show happenings. Press cannot solicit exhibitors. All press-badge applications must be verified and approved by ATA staff. If you attended ATA 2021 Online as verified press, you don’t have to be verified again. Please allow seven business days for your badge request to be verified and approved. Once approved, you’ll receive a confirmation and an express pass through the email address you provided. This information includes a hotel access code for reserving rooms in the ATA hotel block.
If you’re a corporation or another legal and lawful entity that intends to sell ad space, or to seek partnerships or sponsorships while at the Show, you must apply for an ATA media membership. These members often help recruit, retain and reactivate archers and bowhunters through blogs, websites, TV shows and other broadcast media. Media companies must apply for an ATA media membership to register for media sales badges. To join the ATA, please download and complete the Additional Membership Categories Application. Media companies must provide a current business license, proof of publication or production, and other verification documents to meet the membership requirements. ATA media members annual dues are $600.
Bloggers and those generating podcasts covering the ATA Trade Show, its participants, products or Show events are part of the internet group. This group also includes videographers collecting footage for streaming video/audio or video/audio accessed online via Web sites, online publications or social media platforms. Digital media members with their own media channels must provide proof of traffic, those with less than 10,000 followers will be denied. It is the photographer's responsibility to obtain all necessary permission and releases. If you have questions about press registration, please email Wendy Lang, ATA's senior manager of membership, at email@example.com.
Anyone registering for a press badge must attend the ATA Trade Show to cover the event as a journalist through print, film, radio or digital media. Any media person or anyone associated with a media group who is attending the Show to garner sponsorships, partnerships or to sell ad space, must register for a Media Sales badge. Press cannot solicit exhibitors. Those press personnel soliciting exhibitors will be banned from the ATA Trade Show. All press registering to attend the Show must be verified as a working journalist by providing digital samples of media clips (writing, video, audio, online publications, etc.) or by providing documentation such as a press card. Unauthorized filming/taping of exhibits, other than those exhibits for which written permission has been granted, will result in the revocation of all press credentials. Video crews may be escorted by ATA staff to and from their interview locations on the Show floor.
One of the following criteria must be met to qualify for a Press badge at the 2022 ATA Trade Show:
1. Copy of valid press pass issued by an approved news organization or a membership card issued by a communications organization.
2. Copy of the most recent issue of an archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor publication that lists your name in an editorial position on the masthead.
3. Copy of or a direct URL link to a by-lined story published during the last 12 months that indicates you are a staff writer, reporter or regular contributor to an archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor publication.
- A web publication must be a previously established, independent site that is updated at least biweekly (every other week) with original news. This news must be archery or bowhunting-related. The site must have a proven track record of covering the archery and/or bowhunting industry.
4. Letter of assignment from an ATA Show Exhibitor. The letter, on the exhibiting company’s letterhead, must grant permission to you to shoot video of that’s company’s product exhibits or to conduct interviews, and must be signed, with e-mail and phone number. Permission must be obtained from each exhibitor you wish to cover.
5. Digital media press with your own media channels must provide proof of traffic.
- Those with less than 10,000 followers will be denied.
- ATA will approve or deny credentials to digital media based on the frequency and quality of the content posted.
6. Any journalist representing a media outlet that is not within the archery, bowhunting, hunting, conservation or outdoor industry must receive special approval from the ATA’s senior director of marketing and communications.
Individuals with an official press badge are permitted to use cameras or image capturing devices on the Show floor to photograph or film. ATA reserves the sole right to use any photographs, blogs, writing, Web copy, video tape, depictions, graphics, rendering, recordings, electronic images or publicity material received by or obtained by press attending the event, for whatever use deemed proper by ATA. ATA retains the exclusive right to include photographic, video and other visual portrayals of attendees, any exhibitors and any exhibit space, in any pictorial medium of any nature whatsoever for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity and otherwise, without compensation to the exhibitor, and all rights will be ATA's sole property, free of any claims of the exhibitor or event press or any persons deriving any rights or interest from the exhibitor.
We are here to help the industry, to help individual businesses get the most out of the industry, and to help you.