Author: Cassie Gasaway
After ATA members praised the Archery Industry Masterclass at the 2021 Show, ATA staff decided to bring it back for the 2022 ATA Trade Show — and this year, presenters and participants will get to interact in person!
Hank Yacek will return to give more Masterclass sessions for the 2022 ATA Trade Show. Photo Credit: ATA
ATA invested in the Masterclass to provide members with top-notch education from presenters who are experts in their field and familiar with the archery and bowhunting industry. The Masterclass presents ideas and information in four tracks:
- Business: Learn how to improve profitability, establish your core business culture, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Coaching: Learn how to help archers overcome target panic and control their shot, as well as coaching methodology and best practices.
- Marketing: Discover how to use social media effectively and create a solid marketing strategy.
- Archery tech: Learn foundational concepts and advanced methods used to set up and tune all types of archery equipment.
These categories remain essential knowledge for business owners, and they’re constantly evolving as the world changes. The Masterclass provides detailed and in-depth information that goes beyond the introductory-level curriculum covered in morning seminars and Coffee Talks. The Masterclass also focuses on actionable steps to help businesses succeed. Additionally, the Masterclass speakers carefully craft their presentations, so the information is easy to understand.
This year’s Masterclass will feature 10 in-person sessions and six prerecorded sessions. The prerecorded content will be available online before the Show, and the in-person sessions will take place on Jan. 6. In addition, several in-person sessions will be streamed live in the MyATA Learning Center for those who purchase the course but can’t attend the Show. All prerecorded and in-person session recordings will be available after the Show in the MyATA Learning Center, as well. Online and in-person attendees will be able to question the presenter during the live sessions.
The registration fee is $100 for ATA members and $500 for nonmembers, and it provides access to all course content. Registration for the Masterclass opened Aug. 10, the same day registration for the 2022 ATA Show opened.
The Masterclass courses are available for members and nonmembers for an additional fee. Photo Credit: ATA
Masterclass registration options:
1. ATA members can log in to their MyATA member dashboard and click “Register and Book Hotels.” After registering for a Trade Show badge, you will have the option to register for the Masterclass and an archery certification course. Then, you’ll be instructed to book your room. If you registered for the Masterclass, you’ll receive a confirmation email with all the Masterclass details.
Please note: ATA members who already registered for their Trade Show badge can register for the Masterclass separately through the MyATA Learning Center.
2. Nonmembers and members who are unable to attend the Show can register for the Masterclass through the MyATA Learning Center. Click here to be redirected. After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Kurt Smith, ATA’s director of industry relations, said the Masterclass course material is extremely beneficial for ATA members. He hopes all members see the value and savings the course offers.
“No matter where you are in your business, there will always be room for improvement in one area or another,” he said. “Based on feedback from last year’s participants, everyone walked away with something to make a difference in their business. We hand-picked presenters and made the course affordable and accessible to everyone. The Masterclass is a great deal compared to many other business education opportunities.”
Participants will receive business, coaching, marketing and archery tech advice from the following presenters:
- Hank Yacek, CEO of Point of Impact Group
- Michelle Scheuermann, principal of BulletProof Communications LLC
- Joel Turner, founder of ShotIQ
- Guy Krueger, education and training manager for USA Archery
- Paige Pearce, world champion competitive archer
- Frank McDonough with The Barebow Project
Hot Masterclass presentation topics include:
- Buying the Best Deal for Your Store
- Coaching to Build Your Customer Base
- Diversification in the Archery Pro Shop
- Fixing Form Flaws for Better Bow Fitment
- Barebow Setups for Customer Success
- How to Serve Your Social Media Audience and Build Customers for Life
Click here to see the full Masterclass schedule. The course titles and focus are subject to change.
Don’t miss your chance to learn from experts about business, coaching, marketing and archery tech. Click here to register for the Masterclass through the MyATA Learning Center.