Author: Cassie Gasaway
As the 2022 ATA Trade Show nears, excitement levels from attendees, exhibitors and industry members increase. People are ready to get out, connect with peers, see new products, learn new things and put their businesses in the best place possible to rock 2022. As you prepare to attend the upcoming Show in Louisville, Jan. 7-9, please be aware of the following changes.
Please note: The ATA will not mandate any safety measures above and beyond what the state of Kentucky and Kentucky Exposition Center have in place at the time of the 2022 ATA Trade Show. Staff are monitoring the situation and working with the Kentucky Exposition Center to ensure attendees have a productive, enjoyable 2022 Show experience.
The KEC continues to host events and provides updates on their Facebook every month. Photo Credit: KEC
The environment in Kentucky is constantly changing so these rules may change, but as of Sept. 28, 2021, here’s what you can expect to see at #ATA2022.
- Capacity Rules and Social Distancing Guidelines: The KEC is operating at full capacity, meaning the ATA Show can host over 40,000 people, although the members-only Show usually tops out near 11,000. The Show is also laid out across 800,000 square feet of space, giving attendees plenty of room to social distance, if they choose. Lounge space and food court seating will also be dispersed.
- Quality Cleaning Procedures and Cleanliness Standards: The KEC is a Global Biorisk Advisory Council STAR Certified facility, meaning the KEC has correct work practices, procedures and systems in place to prepare, respond and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.
- Individual Booth Safety Measures: Each exhibitor has the freedom to implement safety practices for their staff and booth space. Individual booth interactions and experiences may vary. Please be respectful of the rules whether you agree or disagree with the approach.
- Masks: There is currently no statewide, executive-ordered mask mandate in Kentucky. Per a policy memorandum from the Kentucky Personnel Cabinet, which is the state’s human resources department, all employees and visitors to the KEC are required to wear masks. This applies to the KEC as a state-operated building. KEC personnel have expressed no intention of enforcing the mask requirement policy for ATA attendees and exhibitors. With the current policy in place, you’ll see mask requirement signage at the KEC, but the requirement is not currently being enforced.
- Free Masks and Hand Sanitizer Available: Attendees can receive free masks and hand sanitizer in various locations throughout the KEC. Take advantage of these offerings.
The KEC hosted the Kentucky NASP State Championship in March. Photo Credit: KEC
The KEC has successfully hosted — and continues to host — events, including the Kentucky State Fair, held Aug. 19-29; the Utility Expo, held Sept. 28-30; and the GIE+EXPO scheduled for Oct. 21-23.
The ATA encourages all Show attendees to follow CDC guidelines, socially distance when able, wash their hands frequently, and be mindful and respectful of other attendees. Doing these things will help create a safe, pleasant experience for all Show-goers.
Consider Travel and Hotel Policies
Before you come, please check travel requirements for your airline if you’re flying, and connect with your hotel to see if it has specific rules to follow. The ATA does not have authority over these entities, so please prepare accordingly before you travel to avoid unexpected surprises.
Register and Book Your Hotel
Despite lingering COVID-19 concerns (which are natural, normal and the new way of life), the 2022 Show is expected to be a blast! Attendees will find all the things they’ve come to expect, including great deals, events, conversations, educational opportunities and more.
Register now so you can partake in Show happenings and position your business for a successful year. To register, you must join the ATA or renew your membership. Current members can click the “Register and Book Hotels” option in their MyATA member dashboard and follow the prompts to register. After registering for a Trade Show badge, you will have the opportunity to register for the ATA’s Archery Industry Masterclass and an archery certification course. Then, you’ll be instructed to book your room.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the ATA business, membership and Trade Show office at (507) 233-8130.